Part 2 of 4 of a Beginning Trampoline Clinic given by Al Fong of GAGE at a recent Region 4 Training camp. (Fall 2011)
Thanks to Contributor Owen Field from Nebraska for sharing these. Make sure you follow his blog at: Coach Owen Field
In part 2 Al discusses basic turning/twisting ideas as well as his method for rotating kids from tramp to tramp. In my gym I only have 1 trampoline so aI can not rotate the kids from tramp to tramp. What I have the kids do is some floor bar stations and body positions station. I will share videos of these drills in a future post.
How it works in my gym with only 1 trampoline.
- Floor Bar station against the wall (usually just handstand hold)
- Straight Body hold between mats (optional gymnasts will roll)
- Hanging grip work on Bars (over, under, mixed, L gips) Level 6 and up will pirouette
- A conditioning or flexibility station. Usually rehab
- Wait in the position you are working on. (if you are working seat drops you sit like a seat drop etc)
- Back to beginning