This past summer the good people from Tumbl Trak were nice enough to send me some products to demo. They sent to my gym in NH and camp in NY
- Air Pit (think inflatable level 4 vault mat)
- Cast Trainer Bar
- Quick Flex bar in a bag
- Bungee ramp
- A few of the Forester Bar
- Booster Blocks
- Pit Pillows
I promised to give the equipment a good workout and send them a review of the equipment. The first piece of equipment I reviewed was the Air Pit. I was a little nervous about the durability of the mat. We planned on using the mat both for your traditional Level 4 vaults but also we used it behind the table for Vault Timers for some pretty big kids. In the end we ended up using this all over the place.
- We used it for vault
- We used it out on the floor for double back and full in back out timers.
- We used it over at bars behind the low bar for Over shoots and we stood it up on end to use it to help with clear hips.
- I even threw it over the trampoline and used it for some vault drills.
- The last thing I did was flip it upside down and we took it white water rafting. WARNING- DO NOT DO THIS. WE ARE STUPID.
What I like about the pit-
- It only weighs 70 pounds! Very easy to move
- Easy to fill up with air.
- Lots of velcro on it to attach other mats.
- Stays firm, every once and a while you need to add some air but it stays firm.
- Pretty versatile
- Very Buoyant.
- Good price
What I didn’t like
- Pretty Hard. You really cant use it alone for tumbling or vault. You will need to have another mat on it.
- Surface is a little uneven.
- Doesn’t handle very well in rapids
- Difficult to get back in if you fall out as you go over a waterfall.